The news story I’m going to be critiquing is http://www.wdrb.com/story/39383882/gum-bottled-water-pizza-bagels-want-to-be-called-healthy on WDRB.
This is not a newsworthy story to be on the front page of the website. It’s nothing that the people of Louisville need to know and it’s simply fluff. This could’ve been replaced by another news story.
However, I will say that the reporter did a good gob of including sources and numbers. There are good facts included in the article but overall it is not a great story to be an the front page of WDRB and more appropriate on a human interest website such as Buzzfeed and such.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
One of the first class discussions we had was about The Elements and Yardsticks of Journalism. Before we talked about this, I had NO idea th...
-
We had a very lively class discussion about mass communication. I feel like I learned a lot during it. An interesting way I learned to tell ...
-
Overall as a news source, I think WDRB is not a good one. It often fills much of its front page with fluff and almost never includes interes...
No comments:
Post a Comment